I’m very aware that for some of you quite frankly this post will hold no interest at all. It’s one for the bike geeks…. something I am fast turning into!
As a number of you have been asking about the spec for my bike I have decided to list the components of my new machine. So, it’s not pink, it doesn’t have tassles or spoke decorations. As yet, it has no name but it will. No doubt they’ll be a post looking for suggestions once it arrives at the end of April.
Specifications for your Traveller KS-TR 28
• Signature www.bikemind.co.uk – very exciting about having my web address on my new machine.
• Frame Traveller KS-TR 28: Frame colour Mystic Black, Frame size 50cm – I had wanted a steel frame but this was not compatible with suspension forks which were more of a priority! The forks are Suntour NCX-E RL Lite
• Group set Rohloff/Gates belt drive – this is the plush high spec engineering. Have never had hub gears before and definately like the sound of less maintenance!
• Brakes Shimano V-brake
• Tyres Schwalbe Marathon Supreme 50mm – the toughest you can get to go with rims and spokes KM21 Xstrong / Sapim
• Saddle Brooks B-17 S Standard ladies leather – I hope the most comfortable I can get! Seat post KOGA Shock absorbing – I think I’ll need this in Tibet!
• Handlebar KOGA Multigrip and stem KOGA adjustable, grips KOGA leather
• Pedals Shimano Combi PD-T780 – just in case i need to cycle in my only other pair of shoes – flip flops!!
• Rear carrier Tubus Logo with spring clamp and on the front low-rider Tubus Ergo including kickstand. This will be the first time I have used additional front panniers when touring and I DON’T plan to to take lots of extra weight as a consequence though there are a number of luxury items I can’t decide between at the moment! Nail polish is def in though!
Other accessories include saddle bag KOGA Classic, kickstand Pletscher Comp, ring lock AXA Defender RL, pump Topeak Road Morph, bottle & bottle holder Topeak Modula Cage XL, mudguards SKS Chromoplastics, bell Widek Decibel II Kompas
• Weight 18.2 kg
A big thank you to the guys at Edinburgh Bike-coop for their patience regarding my order. I was due to finalise my order just before I received bad news and the order was on hold as a consequence. Can’t wait to collect my new baby now.